We just bought a Toolbox grill from Amazon.com. I saw it first on a blog by Kevin Kelly called Cool Tools It looked like a good grill, and I trust Kevin (he is the former editor for Wired Magazine and The Whole Earth Review, both magazines that I used to subscribe to) So I got it.
We’re thinking about having a memorial day thing here, so hopefully the grill will arrive on time!
Here’s the skinny on the grill, and where to get one for yourself!
Tool Box Grill Pro – Gas
The Tool Box Grill Pro sets a new standard for portable grills, offering more grilling space, greater convenience and easier portability than any other grill in its price range. Now with a larger cooking area, the Pro grills also offer closed lid grilling with adjustable vents for greater cooking flexibility.
The Tool Box Grill Pro still retains its excellent portability and is easily stowed in cars, campers or boats. It’s an excellent choice for camping, tailgating, hunting or for cooking on the job site. The gas grill uses standard 1 lb. propane canisters and features a stainless steel burner tube that generates over 640Â° of cooking heat. The new Turbo diffuser plate distributes the heat evenly over the grill surface and it’s porcelain coating makes it easy to clean.
* Patented no-mess design eliminates need for external vents
that leak ash and grease.
* Large grill area and adjustable lid vents provide exceptional
* High heat components are porcelain coated for durability
and ease of cleaning.
* Built-in heat shield allows grill to be used safely on wood
or plastic picnic tables.
* Stainless steel burner tube generates 10,000 BTU’s of even
* Easily removable propane regulator that fits inside grill for easy transport.*
Grill dimensions: 19.5″ x 8.75″ x 10.5″
173 sq/in cooking surface
* Weight: 19 lbs.
* MSRP $64.99